The secret to a good interview is a good impression. Here are five tips to help your first impression be stellar:
- Be professional- If you are applying for a job, let them know you are ready to fill all of the responsibilities. Show the interview panel that you take this seriously.
- Dress for the job- The common practice is to find out what the dress standards are for the job, then go one step above that for the interview.
- Be enthusiastic- Especially at BYU, we are hiring you onto a team that is unified. You will love it, so be to be happy.
- Show your strengths- Humility is important, but too much is a flaw. Say what your strengths are and why they make you the best candidate.
- Arrive on time- The rule of thumb is five to ten minutes early for the actual interview time. Let them know you are here, and take the extra time to prepare.
Hopefully this gets you started on the right track. Good luck!